This is obviously a real trend in the ColdFusion thoughtscape, with sessions like:
- Introduction to OO Modeling and Design - Brian Kotek
- Taking Code Reuse to a Higher Level - Jeff Chastian
- Building an Object Oriented Model - Bob Silverberg
- RAD OO in Code - Peter Bell
- Atomic Reactor - Mark Drew
- Leveraging Basic Object Oriented Concepts and Design Patterns in ColdFusion - Phill Nacelli
- What to do When OO Fails you in ColdFusion - Brian Meloche
- The Best of Both Worlds: Java Backends with CFML Frontends - Matt Woodward
- Object Relational Mapping with ColdFusion - Jason Delmore
- An Object Oriented Approach to Validations - Bob Silverberg
- Leveraging Enterprise Open-Source Java in ColdFusion - Joe Rinehart
If you are looking to do, or already are doing Object Oriented development in ColdFusion, this is quite obviously the place to be!
In my Rapid OO talk, we are going to take a completely manually written OO model, including persistence to the database, and slowly strip parts of the code away, replacing them with a combination of ColdFusion Frameworks and custom generic code, to give you some new tools in your 'OO Development tool-belt', that you can then go away and play with, and hopefully include in your day to day development practices.
Look forward to seeing you all there!