ColdFusion Builder 3 is up on Labs , and available for download, so it's now time to update my scripts for getting it up and running on Linux.
The procedure is as following:
- Download the intermediate build *for MAC* (very important! The Windows Adobe Licensing will prevent you from using the Windows version any more, as it uses .dll files, and those don’t work on Linux, but the Mac version works on Linux!)
- Download coldfusion_builder_b3.zip .
- Unzip coldfusion_builder_b3.zip into a directory
- Unzip coldfusionbuilder_b3_install_mac_121709.zip
- Unzip /cfbuilder_install.app/Contents/Resources/cfbuilder_install.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Disk1/InstData/Resource1.zip (may be easier to do that into another folder)
- From the unzipping of Resource1.zip grab /Z_/dist/_macos_87b1877cbdff_zg_ia_sf.jar and put it in the same folder as where you unzipped coldfusion_builder_b3.zip
- Run ’./Rip.py’ from the folder you unzipped it to.
- You should now have a ’plugins’ and ’features’ folder with just the bits you need to install into Eclipse.
- Enjoy CF Builder in Linux 😀